TeleICU RN FT Evenings/Nights
- Employee Type: Full-time evenings/nights
- Location: Mercy Hospital St Louis
- Job Type: Clinical Nurse
- Experience: Minimum 5 years ICU nursing experience
- Date Posted: October 8, 2014
Sign-on bonus available for nurses with 5 years of critical care experience. Relocation assistance is available.
Utilizes the Mercy Nursing Conceptual Framework and nursing process to provide patient care. Maintains professional accountability for provision of patient care for the assigned patients. Coordinates the patient care in conjunction with other departments. Maintains patient rights and confidentiality of patient information. Provides Tele-ICU care to a diverse population of critically ill patients across multiple ICUs at various hospitals.
- Must have either a current RN license or RN temporary permit in the state of Missouri. RN license in the states of Arkansas, Kansas and Oklahoma will be required within 6 months of hire.
- CPR and ACLS certification required. CCRNe certification required within one year of hire.
- Requires the ability to independently practice and prioritize demands in an ever-changing, dynamic environment.
- Must demonstrate understanding of pathophysiology and rationale of special needs and common problems associated with physiological, psychosocial, safety, learning, rehabilitative, spiritual/cultural and self care issues.
- Must be proficient in hemodynamic lines, mechanical ventilation, inter-cranial pressure (ICP) monitoring, general anesthesia, IV infusion titration, and monitoring and assessing patients requiring sedation.
- Must have demonstrated critical thinking skills, effective English written and verbal communication skills and proficiency with windows-based computer operations.
- Must also demonstrate skills in basic math, delegation, leadership and team management.
For your privacy and protection, when applying for a job online, it is advisable not to:
- Provide your social security number to a prospective employer,
- Provide credit card or bank account information or
- Perform any sort of monetary transaction.
To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.